Workshop: the basics for planning your urban garden
The workshop will present methods for small-scale urban gardening, from a single windowsill to a balcony or small garden plot. The topics to be covered include but not limited to:
– planting calendar for the Netherlands (when to plant)
– getting to know your space (what to plant)
– square meter gardens (aka ABC method)
– design for maximizing sun energy uptake, reducing wind, and conserving water
– pest prevention and control
– resources for new (and experienced) gardeners in NL
The workshop will conclude with an opportunity to get your hands dirty, either in the garden at the Banier (weather permitting) or a small project to take home. So come prepared!
We aim to have a friendly, informal session with plenty of room for discussion and questions throughout as well as coffee, tea and snacks.
See you there!
Banierstraat 2A, Rotterdam
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Other Workshop Links